Freedom Museum

The museum was opened on the 40th anniversary of the restoration of the Lithuanian military. On November 23, 1958, a grand opening occurred in the large auditorium of the Youth Center in which mass was held, and Rev. Kubilius, S.J., Gen. Consul Daužvardis, General Reklaitis, Dirkis, Šimutis, and other Chicago Lithuanian community and cultural activists spoke. By the resolution of the Chicago chapter of the Lithuanian Veterans‘ Union Ramovė (December 27, 2001), the Ramovėnai Military Museum and its collections were transferred to the LRSC for management and housing.

 

FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+Share
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
";
Lithuanian Research and Studies Center is a public 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.